Portable Appliance TestingEnviron Printers & Fax Repairs carry out portable-appliance-testing
Outside Auckland?? we can advise you of a good company to contact
You cannot take the safety of your 230 volt appliances for granted.
Many fatal accidents and fires have been caused by electrical appliances that looked okay but had dangerous hidden faults.
Did you know?
Testing & Tagging is now compulsory for businesses in NZ• Safety testing & tagging of your electrical appliances to AS/NZS3760 means you are taking important steps for Safety in your workplace.
• You are providing yourself with a defence against prosecution in the event of an accident to staff or the public.
• OSH use the AS/NZS 3760 standard as the main gauge of safety compliance to minimize the possibility of portable electrical appliances causing injury, death or fire.
• You will be complying with most insurance policies regarding reasonable care.
• All Appliances & leads which use a plug to connect to the mains power 230 volt supply should be tested & tagged.
• Including extension leads, printers, faxes, copiers, toasters, electric jugs & microwaves
If you're appliances have not been tested & tagged & an accident occurs• The business could be prosecuted by OSH
• Besides prosecuting the business they prosecute individuals
see govt regs click here]
• The business owner could be prosecuted.
• The business manger could be prosecuted.
• Even the employee could be prosecuted.
• Penalties can be harsh.
Fines up to $500,000 & up to 2 years imprisonment
• A fire Insurance cover or claim may be affected or even denied.
Environ Printers & Fax Repairs have qualified staff & specialized equipment to carry out testing & tagging at your place or ours
Contact us anytime....we prefer email click here
Auckland ph 630 5579 [24hrs] mobile 021 973 056
Mt Eden workshop
[4 Lisnoe Ave come in 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday after hours by appointment]